The Emergency Medical Services Degree program prepares competent entry-level Emergency Medical Technician Basic and Paramedic students in the cognitive (knowledge), psychomotor (skills) and affective (behavior) learning domains.
EMT training is a natural entry into the world of medicine. Students will become proficient in emergency pre-hospital care of the sick and injured in the field and hospital emergency department environment.
The Emergency Medical Services degree program offers the only AAS Paramedic Degree in the San Antonio metropolitan area. It also offers a college Certificate Level II in Paramedic, and a Marketable Skills Certificate in EMT-Basic, all at competitive prices. All certificates and degrees lead to entry level jobs.
The San Antonio College Emergency Medical Services Paramedic program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP) - located at 25400 U.S. Highway 19 North, Suite 158, Clearwater, Florida 33763; phone number 727-210-2350; www.caahep.org - on recommendation of the CoAEMSP.
Related Degrees and Certificates:
Emergency Medical Technician / Paramedic, Level II Certificate
Emergency Medical Technician / Basic, Marketable Skills Award
Degree Requirements (Total Credit Hours 60)
Students must have EMT - Basic National Registry prior to applying for the EMT - Paramedic program.
Student must complete MDCA 1313 Medical Terminology or HITT 1305 Medical Terminology I and BIOL 2404 with a grade of “C” or better prior to enrollment in the program.
Please note prior to attending the mandatory informational session on the following must be completed:
- Complete ApplyTexas prior to your EMT/Basic/Paramedic informational session.
- You MUST be fully enrolled in San Antonio College. Please visit the website AlamoENROLL Where do I begin?
- Click here to complete the Online Emergency Medical Technician Application for consideration.
- Once you have completed the online application, an automatic email will be sent to you indicating the dates and time of the session. Please check your ALAMO.EDU email.
- After the informational session, each student will be advised individually. Plan your time accordingly; sessions may last all day.