The Emergency Medical Services Degree program prepares competent entry-level Emergency Medical Technician Basic and Paramedic students in the cognitive (knowledge), psychomotor (skills) and affective (behavior) learning domains.
EMT training is a natural entry into the world of medicine. Students will become proficient in emergency pre-hospital care of the sick and injured in the field and hospital emergency department environment.
The Emergency Medical Services degree program offers the only AAS Paramedic Degree and Paramedic Certificate Level I in the San Antonio metropolitan area. It also offers an EMT-Basic Marketable Skills Award certificate, all at competitive prices. Both certificates and degrees lead to entry level jobs.
Related Degrees and Certificates:
Emergency Medical Technician / Paramedic, A.A.S.
Emergency Medical Technician / Paramedic, Level II Certificate
Certificate Requirements (Total Credit Hours 10)
Student must complete MDCA 1313 Medical Terminology or HITT 1305 Medical Terminology I and BIOL 2404 with a grade of “C” or better prior to enrollment in the program.
Please note prior to attending the mandatory informational session on the following must be completed:
- Complete ApplyTexas prior to your EMT/Basic/Paramedic informational session.
- You MUST be fully enrolled in San Antonio College. Please visit the website AlamoENROLL Where do I begin?
- Click here to complete the Online Emergency Medical Technician Application for consideration.
- Once you have completed the online application, an automatic email will be sent to you indicating the dates and time of the session. Please check your ALAMO.EDU email.
- After the informational session, each student will be advised individually. Plan your time accordingly; sessions may last all day.